These Milestones celebrate two decades of breakthroughs in basic, translational and clinical research which have revolutionised our understanding and management of cancer. This Milestone:
- Explores the first identified mechanisms of resistance to targeted treatments.
- Reports on the first trial to show that a bivalent vaccine for HPVs 16 and 18 could reduce cervical cancer risk.
- Highlights the papers that reported that defects in BRCA1 or BRCA2 are synthetically lethal with loss of PARP function.
- Explores the first whole-genome sequence of a cancer.
- Reports on the first papers to show mutations in histones in paediatric high-grade gliomas.
- Describes the landmark discovery that the gut microbiome is a modulator of response to cancer therapies.
View the interactive timeline >>
View the Collection of papers >>
Nature Portfolio is pleased to acknowledge financial support from Illumina, Inc, Johnson & Johnson and grant support from AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, and Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA in producing this Nature Milestone.
Please sign in or register for FREE
If you are a registered user on Nature Portfolio Cancer Community, please sign in