Omar Abdihamid MD, MMedClinical Oncologist, Cancer Researcher, Garissa Cancer Center, Kenya
- Garissa Cancer Center, Kenya
About Omar Abdihamid MD, MMed
Dr Omar is a Clinical Oncologist. He holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Oncology from Central South University Hospital, China. His main areas of interest are Lung cancer, Gastrointestinal cancers, Genitourinary cancers, Head and Neck, and Breast cancer.
He also has a keen interest in cancer research and has published multiple SCI publications in peer-reviewed journals. He is also a medical writer, editor and reviewer for several cancer journals.
He is the recipient of the 2021 Journal of Clinical Oncology, ASCO Global Oncology Trainee Reviewer Mentoring Program. He is also an invited guest speaker at ASCO 2022 annual meeting after winning "ASCO Voices Auditions 2022".
Dr Omar is a member of:
- Kenya Society of Haematology and Oncology (KESHO)
- African Organization for Research and Training in Cancer (AORTIC)
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)